Frequently Asked Questions
Who is Masterfeeds?
Masterfeeds is a proud Canadian company and a leading feed manufacturer with an 87-year history of research, innovation and service to animal agriculture in Canada. Headquartered in London, Ontario, Masterfeeds has tripled in size over the last 25 years.
In January of 2016, Alltech acquired Masterfeeds creating one of Canada’s largest premium animal nutrition companies. Masterfeeds employs more than 700 people, operating 18 feed manufacturing and premix facilities and three retail stores throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec. The company markets its animal nutrition products and programs to farmers and ranchers directly and through an extensive dealer network.
What is Mastefeeds’ Mission Statement?
As a leader in the Canadian animal nutrition industry, Masterfeeds will serve livestock and poultry producers with research-based and proven animal feeding solutions – supported by skilled employees who are accountable to the ongoing success of our stakeholders.
When was Masterfeeds founded?
In 1929, F. W. Presant, founder of Masterfeeds, was hired by G. C. Leitch to establish a commercial feed division and Masterfeeds was born.
How many people does Mastefeeds employ?
Masterfeeds has more than 700 employees across the country including feed formulators, nutritionists, lab technicians, operations managers, species account managers, and agri-marketing professionals to name a few.
What do Masterfeeds’ Canadian locations include?
Masterfeeds has 25 manufacturing facilities, nine retail merchandising stores, and seven distribution centres including a premix facility via Daco Animal Nutrition, an animal health distribution warehouse via PharmBarn, forage, water, feedstuffs and soil analysis via Stratford Agri Analysis and retail merchandising via Cowtown.
Where can I buy Masterfeeds products?
The products you have come to trust and value are available through Masterfeeds 340+ strong national dealer. For a list of dealers in our network, please click here.
Who is Alltech?
Founded in 1980 by Irish entrepreneur and scientist Dr. Pearse Lyons, Alltech improves the health and performance of people, animals and plants through nutrition and scientific innovation, particularly yeast-based technology, nutrigenomics and algae. With nearly 100 manufacturing sites globally, Alltech is the leading producer and processor of yeast and organic trace minerals, and its flagship algae production facility in Kentucky is one of only two of its kind in the world.
The company’s guiding ACE principle seeks to develop solutions that are safe for the Animal, Consumer and the Environment and is actively supported by more than 4,700 team members worldwide.
Alltech is the only privately-held company among the top five animal health companies in the world. This is a source of competitive advantage, which allows Alltech to adapt quickly to emerging customer needs and to stay focused on advanced innovation and long-term objectives. Headquartered just outside of Lexington, Kentucky, USA, Alltech has a strong presence in all regions of the world. For further information, visit www.alltech.com/news
What is Alltech’s Mission Statement?
Our mission is to improve the health and performance of people, animals and plants through natural nutrition and scientific innovation.
When was Alltech founded?
Alltech was founded in Kentucky in 1980 by Irish entrepreneur and scientist Dr. Pearse Lyons. Dr. Lyons was the first Irishman to achieve a formal degree in brewing and distilling from the British School of Malting and Brewing. Lyons also holds a Ph.D. in yeast biochemistry and successfully built Alltech based upon its versatile core competency of yeast fermentation.
How many people does Alltech employ?
Alltech has 4,700 employees across more than 120 countries with 230 of these employees holding advanced animal science degrees.
What does Alltech specialize in?
With nearly 100 manufacturing sites globally, Alltech is the largest producer and processor of yeast and organic trace minerals in the world. Alltech also specializes in crop treatments, feed additives, premix feeds, feedstuffs/block and retail sales.
What kind of facilities does Alltech have?
Headquartered in Kentucky, Alltech has 95 production facilities strategically positioned across the globe and three bioscience centres, dedicated to research and education, two located in the USA and one in Ireland.
Why is the Alltech acquisition of Masterfeeds important?
Alltech has acquired complete ownership of Masterfeeds and its subsidiaries. The acquisition accelerates Masterfeeds’ product innovation pipeline through combined technology, research and on-farm modelling production, delivering greater value to farmers and ranchers.
What businesses are included in the acquisition?
The acquisition will encompass Masterfeeds’ commercial feed facilities, Daco, Masterfeeds’ premix manufacturing facility, Stratford Agri Analysis, Masterfeeds’ laboratory analysis business and Cowtown its retail merchandising business.
What are Alltech and Masterfeeds’ long-term intentions in Canada?
Both companies have supported growth initiatives through strategic investments and key acquisitions for many years. Alltech’s acquisition of Masterfeeds further demonstrates its commitment to Canadian farmers and ranchers by securing a stronger business platform to provide animal nutrition solutions and on-farm support. Both businesses will be stronger and well-positioned to invest further in Canada, empowering its agricultural industry to meet the needs of tomorrow.
What can Masterfeeds’ customers expect?
Our customers are the reason we are in business. We will continue to serve them with stronger animal nutrition solutions and greater access to leading technologies. No changes in customer service, sales or support are planned nor will there be changes in administration or billing procedures. Masterfeeds will operate business as usual.
I am a Masterfeeds customer. What do I need to know?
- Masterfeeds, a leading animal nutrition company in Canada, is now part of the Alltech family of companies.
- Masterfeeds produces some of the industry’s best-selling and most widely-recognized compound feed and nutrition supplements.
- This acquisition unlocks an abundance of opportunities for Canadian agriculture. Masterfeeds’ number one priority has always been delivering greater profitability and efficiency to farmers and ranchers. Strengthening our services and solutions to our customers is the very reason for this acquisition.
- Alltech and Masterfeeds represent a dynamic team of like-minded, science-driven and ag-passionate people, and we believe our customers will notice a resulting difference in profitability, health and efficiency, as well as even better local service and greater value.
- This transaction creates better access for livestock and poultry producers to superior nutrition solutions by combining Masterfeeds’ extensive on-farm presence and dealer distribution network in Canada with Alltech’s cutting-edge animal nutrition technologies.
- Masterfeeds will continue to provide the on-farm support that is critical to Canada’s farmers and ranchers.
- Canada’s farmers and ranchers will benefit from better access to Alltech’s leading nutrition technology and suite of services, including programs and tools targeting improved efficiency, profitability and sustainability.
- The same range of Masterfeeds trusted brands, products and solutions continue to be available.
- In the future, customers may also benefit from an increased variety of nutritional solutions and services, backed by the latest scientific research from Alltech.
- Customers can be assured business will continue as usual through all companies. We appreciate your patience, commitment and support.